Tổng tiền thanh toán:
Pulitzer Prize- and National Book Award-winning author Richard Rhodes reveals the fascinating history behind energy transitions over time—wood to coal to oil to electricity and beyond.
People have lived and died, businesses have prospered and failed, and nations have risen to world power and declined, all over energy challenges. Ultimately, the history of these challenges tells the story of humanity itself.
Through an unforgettable cast of characters, Pulitzer Prize-winning author Richard Rhodes explains how wood gave way to coal and coal made room for oil, as we now turn to natural gas, nuclear power, and renewable energy. Rhodes looks back on five centuries of progress, through such influential figures as Queen Elizabeth I, King James I, Benjamin Franklin, Herman Melville, John D. Rockefeller, and Henry Ford.
In Energy, Rhodes highlights the successes and failures that led to each breakthrough in energy production; from animal and waterpower to the steam engine, from internal-combustion to the electric motor. He addresses how we learned from such challenges, mastered their transitions, and capitalized on their opportunities. Rhodes also looks at the current energy landscape, with a focus on how wind energy is competing for dominance with cast supplies of coal and natural gas. He also addresses the specter of global warming, and a population hurtling towards ten billion by 2100.
Human beings have confronted the problem of how to draw life from raw material since the beginning of time. Each invention, each discovery, each adaptation brought further challenges, and through such transformations, we arrived at where we are today. In Rhodes’s singular style, Energy details how this knowledge of our history can inform our way tomorrow.
Đặt sách ngoại văn Energy: A Human History Mua sách ngoại văn Energy: A Human History Đọc sách ngoại văn Energy: A Human History Sách tiếng Anh Energy: A Human History Tải về Energy: A Human History Review sách Energy: A Human History Review phim Energy: A Human History Đánh giá Energy: A Human History Mua Energy: A Human History giá rẻ Energy: A Human History Đánh giá Energy: A Human History Tác giả Energy: A Human History Tiki Energy: A Human History Fahasa Energy: A Human History Shopee Energy: A Human History Amazon Energy: A Human History Download PDF Energy: A Human History Download epub Energy: A Human History Ebook Energy: A Human History Tiếng Việt Energy: A Human History Sách ngoại văn Energy: A Human History Đọc sách Richard Rhodes Mua sách Richard Rhodes Review sách Richard Rhodes. Mua sách Energy: A Human History. Mua sách Energy: A Human History. Mua sách Energy: A Human History.
We based our evaluation of book condition on the following criteria:
* New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
* Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind.
* Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged.
* Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels or previous owner inscriptions.
* Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes cannot obscure the text.