Tổng tiền thanh toán:
Tác giả: Brit Bennett
Thể loại: Fiction
Sunday Times bestseller
Longlisted for the Women's Prize 2021
Longlisted for the National Book Award
'The Vanishing Half is an utterly mesmerising novel. It seduces with its literary flair, surprises with its breath-taking plot twists, delights with its psychological insights, and challenges us to consider the corrupting consequences of racism on different communities and individual lives. I absolutely loved this book' Bernardine Evaristo, winner of the Booker Prize 2019
The Vignes twin sisters will always be identical. But after growing up together in a small, southern black community and running away at age sixteen, it's not just the shape of their daily lives that is different as adults, it's everything: their families, their communities, their racial identities. Ten years later, one sister lives with her black daughter in the same southern town she once tried to escape. The other secretly passes for white, and her white husband knows nothing of her past. Still, even separated by so many miles and just as many lies, the fates of the twins remain intertwined. What will happen to the next generation, when their own daughters' story lines intersect?
Weaving together multiple strands and generations of this family, from the Deep South to California, from the 1950s to the 1990s, Brit Bennett produces a story that is at once a riveting, emotional family story and a brilliant exploration of the American history of passing. Looking well beyond issues of race, The Vanishing Half considers the lasting influence of the past as it shapes a person's decisions, desires, and expectations, and explores some of the multiple reasons and realms in which people sometimes feel pulled to live as something other than their origins.
Praise for Brit Bennett:
'A writer to watch' Washington Post
'Bennett allows her characters to follow their worst impulses, and she handles provocative issues with intelligence, empathy and dark humour' New York Times
'A beautifully written, sad and lingering book' Guardian on The Mothers
Đặt sách ngoại văn Vanishing Half Mua sách ngoại văn Vanishing Half Đọc sách ngoại văn Vanishing Half Sách tiếng Anh Vanishing Half Tải về Vanishing Half Review sách Vanishing Half Review phim Vanishing Half Đánh giá Vanishing Half Mua Vanishing Half giá rẻ Vanishing Half Đánh giá Vanishing Half Tác giả Vanishing Half Tiki Vanishing Half Fahasa Vanishing Half Shopee Vanishing Half Amazon Vanishing Half Download PDF Vanishing Half Download epub Vanishing Half Ebook Vanishing Half Tiếng Việt Vanishing Half Sách ngoại văn Vanishing Half Đọc sách Brit Bennett Mua sách Brit Bennett Review sách Brit BennettMua sách Vanishing HalfMua sách Vanishing Half
We based our evaluation of book condition on the following criteria:
* New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
* Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind.
* Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged.
* Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels or previous owner inscriptions.
* Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes cannot obscure the text.