Tổng tiền thanh toán:
From the master of literary reportage whose acclaimed books include Shah of Shahs, The Emperor, and The Shadow of the Sun, an intimate account of his first youthful forays beyond the Iron Curtain.
Just out of university in 1955, Kapuscinski told his editor that he’d like to go abroad. Dreaming no farther than Czechoslovakia, the young reporter found himself sent to India. Wide-eyed and captivated, he would discover in those days his life’s work—to understand and describe the world in its remotest reaches, in all its multiplicity. From the rituals of sunrise at Persepolis to the incongruity of Louis Armstrong performing before a stone-faced crowd in Khartoum, Kapuscinski gives us the non-Western world as he first saw it, through still-virginal Western eyes.
The companion on his travels: a volume of Herodotus, a gift from his first boss. Whether in China, Poland, Iran, or the Congo, it was the “father of history”—and, as Kapuscinski would realize, of globalism—who helped the young correspondent to make sense of events, to find the story where it did not obviously exist. It is this great forerunner’s spirit—both supremely worldly and innately Occidental—that would continue to whet Kapuscinski’s ravenous appetite for discovering the broader world and that has made him our own indispensable companion on any leg of that perpetual journey.
Đặt sách ngoại văn Travels with Herodotus Mua sách ngoại văn Travels with Herodotus Đọc sách ngoại văn Travels with Herodotus Sách tiếng Anh Travels with Herodotus Tải về Travels with Herodotus Review sách Travels with Herodotus Review phim Travels with Herodotus Đánh giá Travels with Herodotus Mua Travels with Herodotus giá rẻ Travels with Herodotus Đánh giá Travels with Herodotus Tác giả Travels with Herodotus Tiki Travels with Herodotus Fahasa Travels with Herodotus Shopee Travels with Herodotus Amazon Travels with Herodotus Download PDF Travels with Herodotus Download epub Travels with Herodotus Ebook Travels with Herodotus Tiếng Việt Travels with Herodotus Sách ngoại văn Travels with Herodotus Đọc sách Ryszard Kapuscinski Mua sách Ryszard Kapuscinski Review sách Ryszard Kapuscinski
We based our evaluation of book condition on the following criteria:
* New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
* Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind.
* Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged.
* Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels or previous owner inscriptions.
* Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes cannot obscure the text.