Tổng tiền thanh toán:
Silent Spring came as a cry in the wilderness, a deeply felt, thoroughly researched, and brilliantly written argument that changed the course of history. Without this book, the environmental movement might have been long delayed or never have developed at all.
-- from the Introduction by Vice President Al Gore
Rarely does a single book alter the course of history, but Rachel Carson's Silent Spring did exactly that. The outcry that followed its publication in 1962 forced the banning of DDT and spurred revolutionary changes in the laws affecting our air, land, and water. Carson's passionate concern for the future of our planet reverberated powerfully throughout the world, and her eloquent book was instrumental in launching the environmental movement. It is without question one of the landmark books of the twentieth century.
Silent Spring served as a touchstone for Al Gore while he was waorking on his widely praised, bestselling book on the environment, Earth in the Balance. Now Rachel Carson's message is more important than ever, and no one is more qualified than Al Gore to introduce her classic book to a new generation of readers.
Đặt sách ngoại văn Silent Spring Mua sách ngoại văn Silent Spring Đọc sách ngoại văn Silent Spring Sách tiếng Anh Silent Spring Tải về Silent Spring Review sách Silent Spring Review phim Silent Spring Đánh giá Silent Spring Mua Silent Spring giá rẻ Silent Spring Đánh giá Silent Spring Tác giả Silent Spring Tiki Silent Spring Fahasa Silent Spring Shopee Silent Spring Amazon Silent Spring Download PDF Silent Spring Download epub Silent Spring Ebook Silent Spring Tiếng Việt Silent Spring Sách ngoại văn Silent Spring Đọc sách Rachel Carson Mua sách Rachel Carson Review sách Rachel CarsonMua sách Silent SpringMua sách Silent Spring
We based our evaluation of book condition on the following criteria:
* New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
* Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind.
* Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged.
* Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels or previous owner inscriptions.
* Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes cannot obscure the text.