Tổng tiền thanh toán:
AN ATTEMPT TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT RACE IN AMERICA, IN THE FORM OF A LETTER TO THE AUTHOR'S 14-YEAR-OLD SON
A bold and beautifully written exploration of America's fraught racial history and its contemporary echoes that will redefine wider understanding of race and the roots of American identity.
In the 150 years since the end of the Civil War and the ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment (the abolition of slavery), the story of race and America has remained a brutally simple one, written on flesh: it is the story of the black body, exploited to create the country's foundational wealth, violently segregated to unite a nation after a civil war and, today, still disproportionately threatened, locked up and killed in the streets. What is it like to inhabit a black body and find a way to live within it? And how can America reckon with its fraught racial history?
BETWEEN THE WORLD AND ME is Ta-Nehisi Coates' attempt to answer those questions, presented in the form of a letter to his adolescent son. Coates shares with his son - and readers - the story of his own awakening to the truth about history and race through a series of revelatory experiences: immersion in nationalist mythology as a child; engagement with history, poetry and love at Howard University; travels to Civil War battlefields and the South Side of Chicago; a journey to France that reorients his sense of the world; and pilgrimages to the homes of mothers whose children's lives have been taken as American plunder. Masterfully woven from lyrical personal narrative, reimagined history and fresh, emotionally charged reportage, BETWEEN THE WORLD AND ME offers a powerful new framework for understanding America's history and current crisis, and a transcendent vision for a way forward.
Đặt sách ngoại văn Between The World And Me Mua sách ngoại văn Between The World And Me Đọc sách ngoại văn Between The World And Me Sách tiếng Anh Between The World And Me Tải về Between The World And Me Review sách Between The World And Me Review phim Between The World And Me Đánh giá Between The World And Me Mua Between The World And Me giá rẻ Between The World And Me Đánh giá Between The World And Me Tác giả Between The World And Me Tiki Between The World And Me Fahasa Between The World And Me Shopee Between The World And Me Amazon Between The World And Me Download PDF Between The World And Me Download epub Between The World And Me Ebook Between The World And Me Tiếng Việt Between The World And Me Sách ngoại văn Between The World And Me Đọc sách Ta-Nehisi Coates Mua sách Ta-Nehisi Coates Review sách Ta-Nehisi Coates
We based our evaluation of book condition on the following criteria:
* New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
* Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind.
* Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged.
* Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels or previous owner inscriptions.
* Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes cannot obscure the text.